Thursday 16 April 2009

What A Fab Day

Well what a great day I've had. A group of us girlies and children all trooped off for a morning at "Pets Corner" then a picnic in the local park. Yes I must admit we looked like the Waltons(we numbered 18), but with so many enthusiastic kiddies you couldn't fail to hear us coming!



After looking at numerous rabbits, goats, chickens, pigs, sheep, reptiles and various other small animals, and feeding them(at this point can I just add that I really don't like animals and scream like a right girlie when anything comes close, so picture me with lots of wet wipes and anti-bac)



My two boys we're really brave and wanted to hold the bunnies which were only 6wks old, very cute, very fluffy but hell no we're defo not having any new residents in our home. One very proud mummy took lots of piccies and did venture to stroke one cute lil'bunny as I felt my 2yr old was showing me up! Also my youngest had a run in with two small goats in a small space, I'm still giggling at the memory-he'll learn why mummy says don't go off without me, did feel like it was an "I told you so!" moment.



Had a great picnic, I had managed to make some crispy cakes first thing this morning 24 of them, so there was lots of happy chocolately faces. I don't know whether I've mentioned why we had our little day out, firstly it's because we all go stir crazy over the Easter holidays but secondly and probably most importantly all us Mummy's are going shopping tomorrow in Norwich, all day! We can't wait for a day full of shopping in "Women's" shops, without tutting, whinging or full on tantrums,and that's just our husbands. A full day to indulge and pamper ourselves, a relaxing lunch uninterupted and not having to share half of it, then more shopping, then an evening round one of the girlies having a few beverages!!



To say I can't wait would be an understatement, one of my friends already has everything ready for the morning, I'm not that organised. The only short fall is that my sister still hasn't had her baby and I can guarantee it'll happen tomorrow!!



Also received a lovely print today from Emma, will blog the piccie over the weekend, Thank you Emma it was very kind of you can't wait to put it up.

I also received a prospectus today for short courses, I'm considering Dress-making, Crochet or Fun with Textiles. I really can't decide, would appreciate any feedback from you fellow bloggers. Crochet appeals as I have never had the patience to learn ................

Have a great Friday, I'm going too!!

Emma

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so jealous! Of the shopping trip and the day out at pet corner.

    For the course I would have to say crochet, I taught myself a few years ago and I love it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got a lovely day ahead. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, i love shopping in norwich its probably one of the few things i miss now i live in cheltenham. hmmm about the courses, maybe crochet would be fun but dress making might have more help with complicated bits?
    enjoy your shopping trip!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a wonderful day! hope you did lots of shopping,eating and relaxing kid free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh let me know about the courses - I was just saying last night I NEED something - dress making sounds good....are the courses very local or down the road local??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day you had and your girly day out is going to be fantastic! I could do with one of those myself.
    I am so pleased that you like your print :)
    have a lovely weekend- i hope the sun comes out for us.
    Em x

    ReplyDelete