Monday 30 March 2009

How productive....

Well, what a busy day I've had, after dropping off the eldest to nursery I then came back and started on a new design layout for my agent, a beautiful butterfly design in pastels took a bit of tweaking but looked great once it was down. I've only been back designing for the last 2 months, and I'm finding it a bit of a struggle. I thought my design flair would just spark straight away but I've found it hard juggling the kids/house/lack of time to work, before the boys arrived I was confident and throughly enjoyed my design work so I'm hoping later this year things will be back in order and I'll have more time to concentrate on work.........These little beauties have been sat in my sewing basket for the last week, I keep adding stitches and buttons. I love the farm animals and the layering of fabric, these are probably going to be brooches but I may use them as panels on cushions?!?


This is a sneaky peak at one of my handmade gifts for the swaps, I couldn't resist popping it in as I felt it's just so yummy, plus the final outcome for my swap partner looks quite different, watch this space for final pics once my swaps have been posted.


And then Mr Postie arrived with 2 parcels, the 1st a wonderful package from Sophie Isobel Designs, and look how lovely the outer packing was(took a pic before I ripped the packaging)


And once inside, swooon, look how lovely my brooches were wrapped, lovely purple ribbons going to use them!

And these were what it was all about-gorgeous. I keep looking at them and can't wait to put them on my coat tomorrow!


The 2nd parcel was a wondeful picture from Aunty Cookie, and I can't think of a more perfect phrase-it definitely aplies to me and will be hung in pride of place, next to my stash!!
A busy day, and this evening I've been finishing off my swap items!
Have a great evening!







11 comments:

  1. oh wow! i love the brooches you got!! and the aunty cookie picture is fab
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so difficult to fit things in around children but being a woman you'll find a way right! we usually do! he he. I love your brooches the detail is fab! Hope you manage to get things done! Lisaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the brooches :)
    intrigued by your swap gift pic..
    pattern on its way *blushes* sorry for delay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely goodies! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I know what you mean. I would like to get back into designing as I do miss it and if I sold enough I would be able to give up the part time job. It's just finding the right balance and an understanding agent - much easier said than done! Just try to enjoy what you are doing and it will all fall into place eventually! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie's packaging is so pretty!
    This is the best sort of post, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely parcels of goodies! The brooches are gorgeous. I know what you mean about the designing, I've been on maternity leave for 9 months, and it has taken me ages trying to get back into it, I get fear of the blank page....

    I hope you got my email about print gocco by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! The weather's been gorgeous here today as well- really warm :)
    Thanks for entering my Giveaway- good luck!
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm definitely finding living near the coast an inspiration for my work!
    So nice to get goodies through the post. Your farm animals would be great as brooches or on cushions. I'm sure your design flair will flow easier the more you are doing, I don't think you have anything to worry about there! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous post. Love the brooches. Can't wait to see what you have made for your swaps.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i absolutely love those brooches i was looking at the owl one just the other day umming and ahhhing over it! lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete